Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mini-harmonica find and some others

Date of detection: March 28, 2010
Posted by: Dylan

Started out the day by pops (Wally) and I going to a school playground where I found a little pendant then we headed to one of our favorite spots... Found another U.S. Indian Services button and another bee bee. Dad found the typical penny or two and I had no more luck then my buddy Jerk (Chance) showed up a long with Shelby W. (Goat). I needed to get some work done on the house my wife and I purchased and Chance is quite the handy man so we headed to take care of a couple of things while Wally and Goat made a flying trip to get Goat a metal detector. While dad and Goat were getting him a metal detector, Jerk and I went and fixed a floor in my house and then broke out the detector in my own front yard..... and what does Chance dig up?!?..... A Pee-Wee, fold up, mini-harmonica with a chain on it. I've never seen anything like this but looked them up on the net and they are definitely old school. It doesn't work when you blow in to it, but nonetheless, it is still pretty cool! I then found a button with line-engraves....

After meeting up with Goat and dad again, we went out to an old frame house and Chance, Wally, Goat and myself all hit that spot up where I found a spoon and a brass belt buckle. It was a pretty good day I suppose, found some interesting stuff.


[Above]: Goat, Jerk and Wally metal detecting at an old house frame near the cellar.

[Above]: Pee-Wee fold up, mini-harmonica. Says "Made in occupied Japan" on it.

[Above]: Brass belt buckle, spoon, bee bee, button, pendant that says "achievement" on it and a U.S. Indian Services button.

No comments:

Post a Comment